Marketview Online Privacy Notice
Last updated: January 1, 2024
Your privacy is important to us.
Whenever Marketview collects and uses personal information from you, we comply with New Zealand’s Privacy Act, which is designed to protect your privacy.
- Privacy Law in New Zealand
- The data we collect and how we use it
- How we deal with personal information
PRIVACY LAW IN NEW ZEALAND
Our data practices are subject to the New Zealand Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 2020 (the Privacy Act).
THE DATA MARKETVIEW COLLECTS
Data provided by you
We may collect, store and process data personal information provided by you subscribing to our applications or newsletters. This is limited to information provided by you when you interact with us, when you sign up or register to use our services.
Data created by using our services
We may collect, store and process data when you are using our websites, apps and services, such as:
- Device and location information: we may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites and mobile applications (including your IP address
- Your location
- Your operating system
- Your browser
- Your device language
- The URLs of any pages you visit on our site or applications
- Device identifiers
More information is detailed in our Cookies Policy.
Social Media Widgets
The Site includes social media functions, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook widgets. These widgets may collect information about which pages you visit on the Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. The widgets may also set a cookie to ensure the features are functioning properly.
Social media functions and widgets are hosted either by a third party or directly on the Site. Your interactions with the social media functions and widgets located on the Site are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. If you use any of the social media functions or widgets on our Site, we strongly suggest you review the privacy policies of the companies that provide those functions and features.
If you are a LinkedIn member and you visit our Site from LinkedIn, our Site may use tracking pixels — transparent graphic images placed on web pages — which, in combination with cookies, collect information contained within your LinkedIn profile as well as your access of and interaction with the web pages that contain the pixels.
Marketview works with LinkedIn to provide Sponsored Updates and advertisements to your LinkedIn news feed. If you complete a form on our Site you will receive Sponsored InMails in your LinkedIn email account based on your visits to the Site and your perceived interests. To learn how to opt out of Sponsored InMail, navigate to Privacy & Settings in your LinkedIn account, choose the “Communications” tab, and then click “Turn on/off Partner InMail” to disable Sponsored InMails.
HOW WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT
We use, store and process information about you for the following purposes:
1. To provide our products and services, including:
- Making Marketview services or products available to our customers;
- Considering applications for employment
- Providing customer services including by email, mail or telephone, and sending service-related messages (e.g. a change in our terms and conditions),
2. To provide customer support.
For example analysing web traffic to ensure how our site or applications are working properly. These insights are important because they help us to make the site better for you.
3. Completing customer management tasks, such as:
- Managing and enhancing our products and services, and to personalise and customise your experience;
- Completing payments and transactions;
- Completing business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business;
- Executing our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes;
- Investigating any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- Statutory obligations required or permitted by New Zealand law.
4. For targeted marketing, such as:
- Announcing new or changes to our services and products; and
- Marketing the services and products of our affiliates; or partners. NB: Marketview does not sell or share personal data with such partners for their own direct marketing unless we have your consent,
HOW MARKETVIEW DISCLOSES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Service providers: contractors or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you;
- Our business partners
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you;
- Regulatory bodies: the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary;
- As required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act); or
- With your consent.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described in this policy, some or all of the following may happen:
- We will not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested);
- We may not be able to provide you with ad hoc information about changes in the consumer spending market; or
How long will we store data?
The duration we store information varies depending on the purpose for which we collected the data. Marketview may retain certain user data if necessary or required by law after receiving an account deletion request or a subscription cancellation, or where you no longer receive products or services from Marketview, such as to comply with our financial and tax requirements, and other legal requirements.
We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary in keeping with the Privacy Act. When we no longer require personal information, then we may delete or anonymise your data by deleting the identifying details.
Will your personal information be disclosed outside New Zealand?
Marketview Limited is a registered New Zealand company, based in Wellington, New Zealand.
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and external service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information and protect and handle your information with comparable safeguards to that of the Privacy Act 2020.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of New Zealand, including our data hosting and Cloud-based IT service providers as part of standard business operations;
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to your personal information, please let us know immediately.
Managing personal information
You control the personal information that you share with us and the communications you receive from us. You can access and correct your data at any time; for services that require an account, you can deactivate and delete your account.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any privacy questions or concerns.
You can unsubscribe from any emails or newsletters (excluding service notifications) by using the “unsubscribe” function provided in the email; and
Access and correcting your personal information
Under the Privacy Act you have rights of access and correction to any personal information we hold or process about you. You can contact us at any time using the Privacy Officer contact details below to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you or request a correction to that personal information. If we do not agree that there is a reason to amend your information, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with our decision.
At any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting the Privacy Officer using the contact details below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the email sent to you (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
If you would like to delete your account or request that Marketview delete any other personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below or, where applicable, by using the account edit function provided.
If you request it, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless:
- We are legally required to maintain certain personal data, such as to meet our legal, tax or accounting purposes;
- Where there is an unresolved issue relating to your account or services you received from us, we will retain data for as long as necessary to resolve the dispute; or
- Where you wish to continue receiving services from us.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
How will this policy change?
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
PO Box 25007